Monday, March 2, 2009

The One With All The Snow


I waited all day on Sunday for the promised snow storm to hit. It started snowing in the afternoon but the ground was so wet that it wasn't sticking at all and I was pretty disappointed. I woke up this morning to a pretty decent amount of snow, and was pretty excited that I would not have to take my Anatomy exam this morning.
Then I checked the school website and it had an alert that the campus would be open at 12 PM due to the snow. My class starts at 12:30. Bollocks. So, I emailed the professor a couple of times to see if he planned on having class anyways, and was THISCLOSE to stalking his home phone number when he wouldn't respond to me, when I noticed that the college website had updated that they would be closed all day. Huzzah! 
Penny and I celebrated by drinking a lot of coffee, catching up on The City on demand, and then falling into a light afternoon coma. I decided that she should be aloud to play in the snow in the courtyard. I opened the door and she ran out, and then stood there by the door so confused that she a) wasn't on a leash and b) wasn't getting yelled at for escaping. I had to tell her to go run around about 5 times before she did, then she ran amuck and came back inside when I told her to. Penny loves snow days. 

0 comments: